The mifold Grab-and-Go Child Restraint is the most advanced, compact, and portable car seat invented. With the use of a 3-belt guide, mifold adjusts the car seat belt to fit your child, by keeping the shoulder strap away from their face, neck and abdomen, and correctly positioning it on the collar bone and hip bones instead. A rigorously crash tested and certified Group 2/3 universal car seat for 4 to 12 year olds (EU R44.04), mifold offers the correct amount of restraint in case of impact, empowering mum and dad to put the child’s safety first.
A third of children are not sitting safely in car seats when on holiday, in taxis and rental cars, on school rotas, days out or unexpected journeys, or when third car seat doesn’t fit in the back seat. With this compact and portable device, children can easily keep one in their backpack at all times, drivers can keep spares in the glove compartment and when you’re on the go you can fit them easily into your bag or luggage without taking up too much space.
mifold is not a replacement for a child’s regular, every day car seat, but rather an addition to the current family of car seats for times when it’s simply inconvenient to carry around a regular child car seat. mifold is for every child, in every car, on every journey, every time!
- Regulated and certified Group 2/3 Child Restraint according to ECE R44.04
- Designed for kids aged 4-12, weighing between 15-36kg and up to 150cm in height
- mifold can adjust to securely restrain children of all sizes – the lap belt guides have 3 positions and the Quick-Clip allows fast, easy and accurate adjustment for children of all heights. mifold takes up to 30 seconds to fit
- Mighty small: Measuring only 24cm x 23cm x 2cm and Lighter than a small bottle of water (0.70kg)
- Mighty strong: Built using super tough plastic polymers like Delrin 100 ST from Dupont, aircraft grade 6061-T6 aluminium and supportive DenseFoam with non-slip FrictionFabric.
Don’t forget to keep your mifold seat protected with the mifold Designer Carry Bag! (sold separately)
- Under no circumstances should a car seat be used on a passenger seat where there is an airbag.
- Correct fitting of all car seats and boosters is of paramount importance to make them most effective in the event of an accident. Not all car seats fit all cars and it is important to check for fitting suitability on all cars you intend fitting the seat to, as well as re-checking if you change your car.
- Always read the instruction booklet which comes with your car seat to achieve a safe and correct fitting, retaining the guide for future reference. We recommend fitting your car seat in advance of first using it.
- We recommend that babies shouldn`t be left in Group 0/0+ car seats (infant carriers) for prolonged periods.
- Please make sure that you check the car seat you choose is suitable for your car before ordering.
- Some of our shops offer a car seat fit test, where a Nursery advisor will test the display model in your car to check that it will fit properly. Please contact your local shop to see if this service is available. Alternatively, please contact the car seat manufacturer who will be able to advise whether their model will be suitable for your car.
- Find your nearest department store
Car seats are categorised into the following groups and it is imperative that a category is chosen so the child`s weight falls within the range indicated:
Car Seat groups:
|Group||Child’s weight||approx. age of child|
|0||birth up to 10kg/22lb||birth up to 6-9 months|
|0+||birth up to 13kg/29lb||birth up to 12-15 months|
|0+ & 1||birth up to 18kg/40lb||birth to up to about 4 years|
|1||9-18kg/20-40lb||about 9 months to 4 years|
|1 & 2||9-25kg/20-55lb||about 9 months to 6 years|
|2||15-25kg/33-55lb||about 4 to 6 years|
|1, 2, 3||9-36kg/20-79lb||about 9 months to 12 years|
|2 & 3||15-36kg/33-79lb||about 4-12 years|
Note: some car seats will be approved in two or more groups.